Saturday, July 14, 2012


My Training So Far - Week 2

My average work week involves a 6am to 7pm Monday through Friday, so you can imagine how difficult it is to get into the gym; especially if it is something new you are trying to shove into your busy schedule.  Week 2 is the perfect example of how I struggled with fulfilling my workout schedule because of work.  I realize I can take a few days off here and there, but, in order to reach my goal of being top 10% at the Urbanathlon race, I will have to push harder to fit my workouts in.  Even if it means waking up at 4:30 in the morning to get my run in.

Week 2
Monday:
Run (treadmill) - 1.5 miles @ 8 mph, then 1/2 mile @ 8.5 mph (separated by rowing)
Row - 4 minutes
Lift - Spartacus workout - 3 rounds with 15 pounds

Tuesday-Saturday:
Rest because of busy schedule/travel

Sunday:
Lift - Spartacus workout - 3 rounds with 20 pounds

Summary:
My running at the beginning of week two was right on track.  Unfortunately, the need to travel for work through off my schedule in the middle of the week.  The best thing I could have hoped for was a more consistent week 3.

Directions: Do this workout 3 days a week.  Perform the exercises-or "stations"-as a circuit, doing one movement after another.  At each station, perform as many repetitions as you can in 40 seconds using perfect form.  Rest for 20 seconds as you transition to the next exercise.  After you have done all 10 exercises, catch your breath for 2 minutes.  Then repeat the entire circuit two more times.  If you find you can't keep working for the entire 40 seconds, use lighter weight.  If you feel as if you could keep going hard for an additional 15 seconds, progress to a heavier weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment