Sunday, July 22, 2012


Week 5

So, unfortunately, I was unable to do Thursday’s workout because I worked from 6 am until 9:30 pm.  That will put a damper on any plans, let alone a plan that requires energy output.  I couldn’t find the time for a fun recipe this week either.  I will definitely have one up this coming week though.  No worries.  

VDOT Table

 Workout Schedule

Monday:
Run (outside) - 2.95 miles @ 8:56 min/mile
Row - 4 mins
Lift - Fast Track Abs Circuit A (Three Rounds)
Exercise         Reps   Weight
1A                   10       35 lbs
1B                   10       --
2A                   2x15   35 lbs
2B                   2x8     35 lbs
2C                   15       35 lbs
3A                   10       25 lbs
3B                   15       15 lbs
Rocky abs     10
Running man  10 
Tuesday:
Run 5 x 400m @ 1:35
Wednesday:
Row Machine- 3 mins
Lift - Fast Track Abs Circuit B (Three Rounds)
Exercise         Reps      Weight
1A                   10(10)   50(40) lbs third set- 40(30)
1B                   10           --
1C                   10           --
1D                   10           --
1E                   10         50 lbs
2A                   15         15 lbs
2B                   10         25 lbs
Rushed so I didnt have time for abs
Thursday:
16 hour workday prevented me from working out... I’m gonna start running at 4:30 am to ensure every workout gets in. 
Friday:
Rest
Saturday:
Run - 4.14 miles @ 8:22 min/mile
Row - 2 minutes
Lift - Spartacus workout with 20 lbs (3 rounds)
Sunday:
Run 4.19 miles @ 8.30 min/mile
Directions for Fast Track Abs Circuits: Alternate between workouts A and B for 4 weeks, resting for at least a day between sessions.  Perform each group of exercises as a circuit, resting 20 seconds between exercises and 1 minute after completing all the exercises in the circuit.  During weeks 1 andd 2, do each circuit twice.  During weeks 3 and 4, do each circuit three times.  Finish your workouts with a couple of the core moves.
Core Moves

Circuit A

Circuit B

Spartacus Circuit

 Summary:
This week went pretty well.  I started feeling shin splints, so I decided to take my long easy runs a little faster.  It resolved the issue.  Long runs are getting easier, feeling stronger during lifting workouts, and seeing results, so I am happy.  I didn’t get the whole workout in, but I was close.  I really hope next week will be a full successful workout week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment